Unable to group controls in LCC Web Project Browser UI

In LCC project browser, I can select three controls by pressing shift and click on each one, but on the canvas it only shows a single object selected, not all three like the project browser does. Right clicking the selected objects in the Project Browser to get the context menu shows the Group option greyed out so you can’t group them that way.

I found if you select the objects on the canvas with Shift + Click though, it does allow you to select them all, but when you right click for the context menu and select Group it doesn’t actually group them.

macOS Sequoia 15.0 with MS Edge and LCC Web

Thank you for the feedback!

We have some changes to how the project browser syncs with object selection coming very soon!

Currently you can only select multiple objects on the canvas from the project browser if they are already grouped. In future when shift+clicking on objects from the browser they will all appear selected on the canvas. – Check back here for future updates on when this is resolved!

In regards to the grouping issues you mentioned, this seems to work on my end. Looking at the screenshots provided it could be the objects you are trying to group are already grouped which would explain the behaviour you’re experiencing.

We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve LiveCode Create!

I was attempting to select three objects and group them. The objects were already in a Row container but I wanted to be able to manage this sub-group of controls as one. (e.g make the sub-group in the row container visible/invisible etc). In Livecode Classic I can create groups within groups and then make the sub-group visible / invisible and do other manipulations on it. Can this not be done in Create?

Ah OK that makes sense. This is currently possible by dragging the group widget inside the row and then adding objects inside the group by drag and drop.

I will file an issue to make this possible through the project browser too. Check back here for an update on when this is fixed!

Thank you for taking the time to help improve LiveCode Create!

2 Likes