Stack renaming: conflicts UI vs. backend (?)

Renaming a stack fails with error: “The name of the stack must be unique.” even though there is no duplicate stack with that name (only one stack saved, no stack with name “Home” saved previously).

This (screenshot above) concerns the desktop / native version of Create.

In the Cloud version (screenshot below), renaming fails as well, but for a different reason (?): There seems to be a time lag between renaming in the UI and the update of the underlying entry in the Cloud db… In the example here, there actually was a stack named “Add Tasks”, but it has since been renamed to “sadldfk” and the UI suggests the update has gone through – which it has not.

Reloading the editor (after a detour across “My projects”) then reveals that the previous stack was somehow not renamed (as the UI suggests); renaming actually created a new stack, with the original stack “Add Tasks” left unchanged (repeated several times, see 2nd screenshot below).

Last but not least, any attempt to add a new stack (also Cloud version) beyond the count of 3 results in the error “You have reached the maximum allowed number of stacks in this project.” but creates a new stack anyway. Which, again, seems to require reloading the editor, e.g., after a detour to “My Projects”.

((Just deleted my previously uploaded two additional screenshots regarding Create Cloud. Apparently, there’s a limit of one image for “New Users”. Not sure, how that helps the cause…))

Thank you @Maurice for bringing this to our attention.
I’ve filed the stack renaming issue, and our team will get on it ASAP. Keep an eye on this thread for any further updates.

Also, we were unaware of the default Discourse “New User” limit & will look to tweak that soon. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Many thanks for helping us improve our product!

“Home” is the legacy starting stack all the way back to HyperCard. Even though it isn’t one of your stacks, it is something that is loaded.

1 Like

Got it, thanks for the explanation.

Greetings @Maurice
I can confirm the stack renaming issue has been resolved in our latest DP build, which is now available at https://preview.livecode.com/.
Thank you for your continued support. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing more from you!

This renaming stack issue should now be fixed in 1.0 DP-4!

Update Create Native or go to https://preview.livecode.com to use the latest update.

We appreciate your ongoing support in improving our product :blue_heart: