Prospective questions

In light of what we have seen so far, my questions are:

1. Is the availability of a searchable dropdown widget expected and when?
  2. is the availability of a database connection (mysql or others) expected and when?
  3. is the availability of decent documentation on widgets (properties and methods) expected and when?
  4. the introduction of a real AI function is planned as illustrated in the initial xavvi videos and not a simple “AutoAssist”

At present it is really difficult to evaluate this product except for educational purposes, in my opinion at this moment “LC Create” is far from a real development environment

I am not sure I can answer all your “when” questions but I can give you an answer to most of what you have asked…

1. Yes. This has been discussed and is planned.
  2. LiveCode Create will be shipped with it’s own built in Data Store, you will then be able to bind all of your objects to that Data Store.
  3. Yes there will be documentation on all widgets.
  4. More AI is coming.

What I would say is the product you have seen so far is a very early preview with some critical features still missing. We are currently working on DataStore, DataBinding and more useful Actions as well as progressing the various AI features in the product, improving existing widgets and creating a handful more.

It is very important for us to get feedback at this very early stage, even if it’s just on the experience of creating a user interface, what it’s like to do simple tasks, what the AI Auto Assist feature is like to use etc.

Hope this answers your questions, I can’t answer when exactly each thing will be delivered but we will keep releasing preview updates every step of the way.

1 Like

Thanks for the precise answers, I suggest paying attention to the table widget which, as I highlighted in another topic, presents operational problems. Everything works if is brought to the stage and not touched via code but when you try to alter the values various problems arise