Pretty cool - would love to see a lot of this in desktop LC IDE

Having taken it for a spin, I must say I’m impressed, even though there is clearly a ton of stuff that still needs doing.

I’m not sure how this really differs from the LC IDE (or at least a modernised version of what it should be) Or I should say - it would be great to have this as the desktop IDE!

The stuff included so far by and large works and is performant (for a web page anyway), except for one issue so far: Setting a label field to ‘bold’ is not saved; changing the textSize is definitely saved, but setting the textStyle is not remembered when saved (I’m guessing this is known, but just in case…)

Great work guys - eager to see more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Stam. I’m really pleased you are liking what you see so far. Lots still to be done, but things are starting to take shape.

The Create extensions are coming… This means that the widgets / data binding etc will work in the desktop IDE. The widgets should be coming to that pretty soon with the data binding to follow.

We are actually intending to bring a lot of the new Create IDE layout to the desktop edition, that is something we will potentially be doing in LiveCode 11. So watch this space.