No way to simultaneously use tools in Create Native

Create Native will only allow a single stack to be visible at a time. This means that any user stacks (tools) that you would like to be open (visible) at the same time cannot be. One example is the SvgIconTool. I can open, turn it into a palette but it disappears when opening another layout. Interestingly it is not hidden (when a palette) when I select “My Projects”. Suggestion - users need a way to flag stacks that they would like visible along with layouts of a project.

I also opened “Navigator.rev” and it does not exhibit the same behavior, so I guess there is a way that I need to further investigate and figure out.

My responsive design is broken for the stack. If I change the style to “palette” in LC10 and save, then the resize does work correctly but the hiding behavior doesn’t change. Not sure what other differences there are with Navigator that allows it to open and remain.

I did figure out one way (and probably how Navigator works)… stacks where the name begins with “rev” are considered part of the IDE. It works, but an official way to do the same thing would be good.

Note: It is the stack short name, not the file name. The title also can be whatever you want.

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this to our attention @bwmilby , we will discuss this one internally with the team and provide updates on this post regarding our direction here.

We appreciate your support in improving our product!