New Actions Editor

Hi everyone, I’m Ben from the LiveCode product team. I’ve been working on the new Actions Editor, and although it’s in its early stages, we’re planning to add more actions in the future. The idea of this is so that anyone using LiveCode Create can get a long way without having to write any code.

Currently the actions we have planned are:
Navigation:

• Navigate to any screen
  • Back
  • Web URL

Data:

• Create record
  • Update record
  • Delete record
  • Refresh database

APIs:

• Stripe payment
  • Paypal payment
  • Send emails
  • Post on slack
  • Zapier
  • AirTable

Notifications:

• Alerts
  • Push notifications

UI:

• Upload file/media
  • Date/time picker
  • Copy to clipboard
  • Show/Hide sections

Custom Actions:

• Create/edit custom actions

But are there any actions that you would like to see in future releases, and what are your thoughts on the actions editor so far?

1 Like

Under Data: don’t you also need “Select a record” (some mapping to the SQL Select statement or equivalent). unless that is what is meant by “refresh database”, but any action should have some basic means of specifying selection criteria, even if that initially is only the equivalent of WHERE {singleFieldInDataBase-pickedFromList} LIKE ‘%{someMatchingStringFromAFieldOrEntered}%’

Also, I’d like to see one of the upload file options be to upload a file (rows and column) to a widget tied to a backend table. I think that is a pretty common way a number of tables in typical apps would be populated by NO-CODE/LOW-CODE developers. (Say vs mastering mySQL and phpAdmin to populate tables)

Granted I’ve only asked it a couple of things but I’m pretty impressed with the responses. They are clear and informative. I didn’t expect so much for a first try.