Cannot drag the work area (left navigation and top bar) to my second (working/main) Monitor

This one is a showstopper for me.

My llaptop resolution (Lg gram) is 2,560x1,600, so I extend to a 25 inch monitor with 1920 / 1080 which is readable, Adjusting the scaling on the laptop causes all sorts of other problems.

If I switch to clkassic I can move the whole work area to the external monitor - so it looks like an oversight.

This is a showstopper for me - i’ve had two cataract operations and my eyesight close up is crap (technical medical diagnosis).

Hi Lagi, we are working on a single window version of the Create Native IDE which means it will resize and work like all other modern apps. As part of that we will be adding the ability to “tear off” certain parts of the IDE to allow you to use them over multiple windows.

That is coming soon.

What you are currently facing is a consequence of our initial efforts to bring Create Native to desktop but we are rapidly working to address that very issue.

One thing you could potentially try as a workaround although I do realise it may interfere with the rest of your workflow is…Prior to opening LiveCode Create, you can switch your external monitor to be your main display. This means that when you open LiveCode Create it will open on your monitor and not your laptop display which should make it usable for you at this stage. I have just tested this and it works as expected.

I actually did that. But it does add extra work and it means I have to close and open other Apps.
What I did find was that I can drag the form to the second monitor and the properties panel , but the tool palleted jumps back when i click something, It is also oversized when I drag it from my “retina” resolution laptop screen.

I would suggest when they try to fix this dont run it Just on Macs with “retina” displays but also on windows because sometimes the context windows do not show in the right place and that might be different on a windows machine.

1 Like